Have you worked on any projects or activities involving film or video at your institution?
The ALA Video Round Table Program Committee (VRT) would like to encourage you to submit program proposals for one-hour informational sessions at ALA Annual on just about anything related to video and libraries! Please note that you will not be submitting directly to the VRT Program Committee but through the ALA Program Proposal Submission Site (login or create a new account to enter).
Proposals are due in just a few weeks so get them in soon – the deadline is August 25, 2017!
Instructions for submitting your proposal are available online.
Sample ideas include but are not limited to:
· Are you finding new ways to promote films to your community?
· Are you doing anything interesting in curating your film collections?
· Have you made library promotional videos?
· Have you created video tutorials?
· Are you using film clips (or gifs) in instruction?
· Have you created a media center for your patrons?
· Do you work with your patrons in video creation?
· Are you involved with film or video preservation?
· Have you offered special film programming/events at your library?
ALA is especially looking for program ideas that encourage collaboration and support diversity and submissions from all types of libraries (public, school, academic, special) are welcome.
Erin DeWitt Miller
University of North Texas
Head, Media Library
Chair, VRT Program Committee